106' Horizon Tri-Deck Motoryacht
Located in Cruising,
Hull Material: Fiberglass
Engine/Fuel Type: Twin diesel
“Maximus II” is a true wide-body tri-deck motoryacht with 3 staterooms for owner and guests plus 2 staterooms aft for crew/guests if desired, enclosed sky lounge with day head as well as an open flying bridge. The 23.5 foot beam together with the 106 foot length creates terrific volume, normally only seen in much larger yachts. There is a spacious swim platform which doubles as a fishing cockpit and also a safe water level access for boarding and water sports. “Maximus II” has enjoyed impeccable maintenance since new and has been enjoyed on both east and west coasts USA, Mexico, and in the Pacific Northwest, ready for her next adventure. Currently cruising Mexico and available to show by appointment.
Additional Specs, Equipment And Information:
106' Horizon Tri-Deck Motoryacht
Total Power: 3100HP
Engine Brand: Caterpillar
Engine Model: Caterpillar
Engine/Fuel Type: diesel
Engine Hours: 6500
Engine Power: 1550 HP
Engine Brand: Caterpillar
Engine Model: Caterpillar
Engine/Fuel Type: diesel
Engine Hours: 6500
Engine Power: 1550 HP
Cruising Speed: 14 knots
Maximum Speed: 18 knots
Water Tanks: (1200 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (4200 Gallons)
Black Water Tanks: (300 Gallons)
Number of cabins: 3
Number of heads: 7
Builder: Horizon Yachts
Designer: Horizon Yachts
Hull Shape: Semi Displacement
MAXIMUS II is a yacht that is true to her name. Everything about this vessel is spacious and comfortable. This proven vessel has cruised extensively and has been beautifully maintained. Her tri-deck layout with a 23’6 beam provides for a very impressive breath taking salon enhanced even more by her wide beam full body. Guests will all appreciate her large three staterooms forward. Unlike other yachts her size that try to squeeze four staterooms forward the lucky guests of "Maximus II" will enjoy double door entry cabins with large California King berths and granite appointed ensuite heads! There are two well finished crew cabins aft and complete galley as well. Her interior is tastefully completed using satin Cherrywood, birds eye and burl Maple, teak & holly soles, and ornate marble/granite counter tops throughout.
MAXIMUS II has 3 large staterooms for owners and guests. Aft are 2 cabins that sleep 4 which are appropriate for crew or guests depending on the owner’s crew requirements. All cabins are done with the same high level finish.
Beginning forward, the large country GALLEY features an expansive Golden Oak granite counter with overhead cabinets, and hideaway flat screen TV for galley area viewing. Forward of the galley are two Golden Oak granite tables for seating with panoramic views through the expansive forward windshield. It is raised up to offer extra storage for pans and dry goods underneath, in addition to the storage provided under the settees and under the dash. There are port and starboard side deck doors to the forward deck. A settee and large sun pad are at the bow area.
Going aft is the dining room and MAIN SALON. These areas feature an incredibly large open floor plan with elegant appointments. Most of the interior has over 7’ of headroom. Designed with hardwood floors, rich custom rugs and comfortable seating, natural light pours in through the wide body salon windows and in the evening hours there is warm ambient lighting.
The dining table is made of Golden Oak granite and Cherrywood with seating for 8. A custom crystal glass cabinet on the forward bulkhead is lighted from above. Ample storage for dinner plates and flatware can be found in the cabinetry adjacent to the table and separates the salon.
On the starboard side of the dining room is the wet bar with matching Golden Oak granite top and counter. Featuring a 50 bottle wine chiller, ice maker, and custom sink with granite lid, the wet bar has storage outboard for sodas, mixes, and accessories. On the forward bulkhead is a cabinet with custom wine glass storage, bottle storage, and custom glass placement. This is the area where serving trays and platters, as well as bread baskets and napkin holders are kept. Two cabinets with double doors, upper and lower, offer large storage areas for a complete bar and dining service. Burl wood columns separate the dining from the incredibly large salon. To port there are two sofas perpendicular to each other, a custom Bose Lifestyle system with video, DVD/CD, and both Latin American and US satellite systems, two end tables and a coffee table. To starboard there are two upholstered chairs, ottoman and a coffee table. In the aft corner there is the built-in entertainment center that includes a 50’ HDTV. The room is further accented by crown molding, burl pillars by the window pilasters & dining area display cabinet, and wood strip suede headliner.
Next aft through the electric sliding stainless steel and glass doors is the AFT DECK. It features a U-shaped settee that seats 8 with a table finished in cherrywood, day head, aft cockpit controls, teak decks, port and starboard side boarding ladder, port and starboard transom stairs to the large swim step and stairs to upper deck. There are remote cockpit docking control station.
Lower Deck Accommodations
The forward guest cabins are accessed via stairs from the galley area that lead down to a foyer. The foyer has a granite sole topped by an area rug and a granite topped cabinet with mirror panels. All staterooms are carpeted and all heads have marble/granite soles. The very large VIP STATEROOM is located forward featuring a centerline California King berth flanked by granite topped nightstands with burl wrapped pillars. There are opening ports with Shoji screens and over the berth there is an opening hatch with deadlights for natural light and breezes. This cabin includes a seating area and table on the port side with flat screen TV, satellite, video, and DVD/CD for entertainment. Finished in satin Cherrywood and Maple Burl, this stateroom will impress owners and guests alike, it is practically a second master stateroom. The ensuite head has two opening ports, jetted tub/shower and a marble counter with a sink.
The large MID-STATEROOM features California King berth, an ensuite head with marble flooring, tub/shower. Large hanging lockers, Shoji screens and vanity. Two opening ports over the berth offer light and fresh air, in addition to the opening port in the ensuite head.
The MASTER STATEROOM is exceptionally large and is bring and open with a unique design of raised ceilings (over 7’) for custom speaker placement, Shoji screens, and three oversized opening vertical ports for natural light and air. It features a centerline California King berth, large walk in cedar closet with a safe, sofa, drawer storage both under the berth and outboard of this full beam stateroom. To port there is an L-shaped settee and table. It offers a Bose entertainment system, 42 inch plasma screen TV, hidden behind a sliding door. The ensuite head features a marble floor, dual sinks, head, Jacuzzi tub and shower. The entire stateroom is further insulated from the mid ship engine room with centerline fuel tanks and sound insulation; this is a very quiet stateroom underway.
From the main salon, aft, a stairwell leads to the two AFT CABINS and engine room access. The aft sections of the vessel feature comfortable accommodations finished with high gloss birds eye maple and similar finishes that were used throughout the rest of the yacht allowing this area to be used for crew or accommodate additional family or guests.
CAPTAIN'S CABIN: On the starboard side, it has a double berth, TV and DVD/CD capabilities that also repeat from the flat screen TV in the crew area/galley, hanging locker, drawers and opening ports.
CREW/GUEST CABIN: On the port side, it has twin bunks with opening port, hanging locker, TV and DVD/CD player, drawer storage below.
CREW HEAD: Port side with sink, toilet and large stall shower.
Next aft is the CREW GALLEY and LAUNDRY AREA. Service by an ASKO washer and dryer stack located on the starboard side, this area also has a stainless steel counter top that serves as a workbench with tool and equipment storage below. The port side features an L-shaped leather settee with storage below, a trash compactor and refrigerator/freezer. The counters are topped with Golden Oak granite. The crew galley has an under-counter microwave in a cabinet, two burner glass stovetop, exhaust fan, toaster, coffee maker, and dish storage above and below counter. There is a TV and stereo. Two opening ports offer natural light and ventilation. The transom door opens to an 8’ swim platform.
The PILOTHOUSE and SKYLOUNGE on MAXIMUS II is large and has nearly a 360 degree view with two large skylight type hatches that provide excellent lighting and ventilation. This large area is decorated with a teak & holly sole and a large oriental carpet. The helm accommodates five 17 inch computer screens. Centerline there is a Stidd Slimline black leather helm chair and a raised leather bench seat to port followed by a built-in refrigerator/ice maker and a 42” hi-low TV with DVD/CD.
To starboard is a U-shaped leather settee with seating for 6, the maple with inlaid granite table drops down to create a double bunk. Under the raised settee is full sized chart storage, long drawers for cruising books and references, and navigation plotting equipment. Forward of the settee is a desk and chair that serves as the ship’s office. The day head is aft to portside and has a granite vanity and sole.
The deck area aft of the wheelhouse features a Jacuzzi, commercial propane BBQ grill from DCS, a sink, and cabinet storage below. Behind the BBQ and outboard are the teak steps to the lower aft deck and forward to the starboard side are stairs to the flybridge. Further aft is a multifunction area; both an open deck for sun chairs and the storage location for the tender, jet ski and Vespa. The tender stows on removable stainless steel deck chalks that, when removed, allows the entire upper deck to be used for entertaining. The aft S/S railings are removable for easy landing of the water toys.
The FLYBRIDGE is an all open area with excellent visibility. In he center beneath the substantial antenna arch is a large forward facing U-shaped settee with teak inlayed table. Incorporated in the arch are lighting and stereo. Forward is a centerline white Stidd captain chair and flybridge helm flanked by a cushioned sun lounge to port. Starboard of the helm is a companion bench console. There is a stainless & glass windscreen surrounding this area. Behind the center lounge is teak deck space that accommodates three chaise loungers.
- Full-size side-by-side refrigerator/freezer
- GE Profile electric stove top and oven (propane, gas)
- GE Profile microwave
- Hot water dispenser
- Dual Subzero freezer drawers, under counter
- Large stainless steel sink with garbage disposal
- GE Triton dishwasher
- Broan trash compactor
- Central vacuum system
- Fresh hot water dispenser
- Granite C-shaped counter top with barstools
- Generous number of cabinets for storage
- Pull down Sharp TV
Electronics and Navigation
- Auto Pilot - Simrad AP 22 (dual systems) w/aft deck remote control joystick
- Chart plotter - Nobletec VNS w/ 3D Software Plus PC & display
- Fishfinder - Furuno FCV1200 BB black box
- (2) GPS - Twin Northstar 6000i GPS system integrated with Nobletec software
- Radar - Furuno 72-mile FR2115 BB black box
- KVH Sat phone system
- Sat TV - Seatel 2498
- SSB - Icom M802
- (2) VHF- Icom M602
- (5) Samsung screens, integrated radar, CCTV, depth, and chart displays
- Dell computer
- Furuno SAT compass
- Furuno AIS FA150
- B&G network digital data display
- B&G network wind speed & direction indicator
- 3rd Watch Ship's monitoring system
- Raytheon night vision camera
- ACP EPIRB
- Tank monitor
- (2) Danforth compasses
- (3) Speich windshield wipers with automated controls
- (2) Sanshin search light controls
- (2) Anchor controls
- (2) Nav screens, autopilot control, CAT digital display panels
- Depth sounder/ wind speed/ nav. system B&G display w/ remote displays in Captain’s Cabin
- Honeywell security alarm system
Audio & Visual Equipment
- (1) 50” HDTV: Salon
- (2) Bose surround sound systems: Master Stateroom, Main Salon
- (1) 42” Plasma TV: Master Stateroom
- (7) DVD/CD players: Master, VIP, Guest, Skybridge, Main Salon, Crew and Captain’s Cabin
- Blue Ray: Main Salon, Skybridge
- Satellite Systems, Latin American and Direct TV capable
- (1) 40” Trinitron Tru-surround Skybridge TV on Hi-Lo lift system
- (1) 20” flat screen TV: VIP Stateroom
- (2) 10” flat screen TVs: Galley, Crew Galley
- (1) 14” Sony TVs: Guest stateroom
- (1) 19” LG flat panel TB, Captain’s Cabin
- 240v/120v/24v/12v electrical systems
- (2) 30 KW Northern Lights generators (7,225 hours – July 2017)
- (1) 15 KW Northern Lights generator (830 hours - July 2017)
- (2) Charles ISO booster transformers
- (2) Trace SW4024 inverters
- ASEA Frequency converter AC24
- (2) additional 120 amp engine driven alternators
- (2) Glendinning 50 AMP shore power cord systems, aft
- (2) 50 AMP shore power inlet locations, forward
- (3) Mastervolt battery chargers
- House bank consisting of 20 batteries
Deck and Hull
- Stern Anchor System - custom stainless steel anchor with roller & Maxwell windlass
- Twin Maxwell 3500 anchor windlasses
- Twin remote anchor control, local and helm with chain counter auto anchor system
- (2) 80 kg stainless steel Manson anchors in anchor pockets on hull sides at bow
- (2) length of 300’ chain
- Fortress stern anchor
- 18’ Novurania with 115 hp Yamaha 4-stroke engine
- Nautical Structure 2500 davit
- Switlik six person life raft
- Waverunner – Yamaha VX110 Deluxe – 2005 model
- Coast Guard safety package
- Marquip side boarding ladder, walk-up and side-deck locations
- Freshwater shower on aft swimstep
- Freshwater shower on boat deck
- Freshwater shower on foredeck
- Foredeck sunpad with cup holders
- Foredeck settee with cushion
- (4) Ocean underwater transom LED blue swim lights
- Custom 8’ swim platform
- Hot & Cold shower at stern
- (2) Pompano fishing chairs
- Custom pole holders
- (2) Down riggers
- Air compressor
- Hookah with 150’ air hose
- Teak decks
- Varnished teak cap rail
- Spotless water systems de-ionizing filters
Horizon Yachts are built using the SCRIMP process, which creates incredibly tough hulls using state-of-the-art fiberglass technology. SCRIMP reduces the amount of resin introduced to the laminate through the use of a membrane over the fiberglass laminates and mold, and vacuum pressure. Horizon uses this process to build their hulls and major house/deck components. Less resin is used as a result of controlled infusion, saving weight, and minimizing the chance of voids without compromising the hull’s strength.
Engine and Mechanical
- (2) Caterpillar C-30 1550hp engines with ZF gears (2300 hours SMOH)
- CAT digital displays at pilothouse, flybridge, plus engine room mechanical gauge panels
- Aqua Air System w/ heat, 4 chillers (service 2011), including engine room air conditioning
- Trac stabilizers w/ 12’ fins
- 50 HP bow thruster, hydraulic American Bow Thruster
- 50 HP stern thruster, hydraulic American Stern Thruster
- Aft deck ZF remote engine control w/ bow and stern thruster controls
- Hynautic power steering
- 5-bladed propellers
- Delta-T automatic engine room air intake system
- Gianeschi AC/DC fresh water pumps / primary Head Hunter Mach 5 water pump
- Air compressor w/ hose reel
- Fresh water in engine room w/ hose reel
- 1200 GPD Sea Recovery fresh water maker w/ fresh water flush
- Hart pneumatic tank tender gauge, pilothouse
- Sight gauges on fuel tanks in engine room
- Bilge Busters - Ozone Generators
- Fuel transfer pump
- Algae-X fuel system magnets
- Oil transfer pump system for generators and mains
- Fire control system
- 5 hp emergency bilge and fire pump – 500 gpm
- Vacuflush heads & sewage system
- Fire detection system – Consillium
- Softex Fire suppression system
- Kabala diesel hot water heater
- Torrid Marine water heaters and hot water loop
- Accumulator fresh water tank (2012)
- Central vacuum system
“Maximus II” is a true wide-body tri-deck motoryacht with 3 staterooms for owner and guests plus 2 staterooms aft for crew/guests if desired, enclosed sky lounge with day head as well as an open flying bridge. The 23.5 foot beam together with the 106 foot length creates terrific volume, normally only seen in much larger yachts. There is a spacious swim platform which doubles as a fishing cockpit and also a safe water level access for boarding and water sports. “Maximus II” has enjoyed impeccable maintenance since new and has been enjoyed on both east and west coasts USA, Mexico, and in the Pacific Northwest, ready for her next adventure.
All personal gear; loose items; galley gear; CD's; charts; fishing equipment; tools; spare parts; supplies & items not specifically listed on equipment list specifications sheet.
DisclaimerThe Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Contact Brian Hovey for additional information and your viewing appointment at 949-675-8092 (office) or 714-501-5405 (cell). See Video Tour. MAXIMUS II is currently cruising in Mexico and is available to view by appointment.